Sunday, December 22, 2013

Chocolate fruit and nut hearts

What is Christmas without chocolate? I'll answer my rhetorical question; NOTHING! Christmas = eating chocolate! So now my husbands quick Christmas chocolate recipe.



Let me tell you the story (don't worry, it's not very long). Two weeks ago my grandma passed away, she is one of the most inspiring women I know and even though she lived a very full and happy life, nothing to be sad about, I was still heart broken. She along with my mother are the reason why I know how to knit and crochet and sew and do all the craftiness that I do. To support me in my sorrow, my husband made this chocolate heart. What a keeper! So I wanted to share his idea with all of you.



You will need:

  • 200g dark chocolate (a little less will do too, I know because I ate two pieces)
  • 50g nuts of some sort (I used cashews)
  • 100g dried fruit (I had a mix of sultanas, cranberries and goji berries)
  • cookie cutter (heart shape works great)

Melt your chocolate. If you melt your chocolate in the microwave, remember to mix it every 30 seconds so that it doesn't burn. In about 2 minutes all the chocolate should be melted.

Mix in the fruit and the nuts. Put some of the mixture in your cookie cutter. If you feel like it doesn't hold well when you take the cookie cutter off, put it first in the freezer for few minutes with the cutter still in place, that way the chocolate goes harder quicker.



One you're done, let it go hard in the fridge, wrap it up, hand it away and wish them a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment