Friday, March 7, 2014

Painting with ice

Sorry guys, I've been away for a long time. Truth is, as my holidays were coming to an end, I wanted to unplug a little for the remaining weeks and decided to play more with my kids and spend less time on the computer. It worked great and I don't think I've ever read so many books and sang so many songs as during those last weeks of my holiday. Now I'm back at work and slowly getting into some sort of routine. Both of the kids are having a nap after a long week so I thought to say hi.

HI!

I'd love to share something we did while I was still holidaying. We call it ICE PAINTING!


All you need is some water, food colouring, toothpicks and an ice tray. So make some coloured ice cubes and put a toothpick in for each ice cube, that way they are easier to hold when painting.

And to my Finnish friends: Ei tarvii odottaa kesään, kokeilkaa joku tehdä tätä saunassa ja kertokaa mulle miten sujui!!!



Once the ice cubes are frozen, make yourself a painting station outside, choose a sunny day and start painting. My kids loved seeing to colour coming off from the ice cubes as they started to melt.



In the end we put all the remaining blocks in water and watched the water change colour.


SUCH FUN!

Let me know if you've tried this and tell me how you went, even better if you take a picture of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment